Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where was my head?



No, I haven't done anything wacky, that's the next challenge for Fluffy Fatbottom's Twisted Tuesday. Originally, I was toying with the idea of doing something with someone actually missing their head, but as I was looking through my ephemera and photos and stuff, I found this photo and the woman in it just looked sort of wistful and bad-tempered at the same time, like she wondered what on earth she was thinking. So I went with it - here she is with her DH and kids, while wistfully thinking of flying free in a more exciting life. Of course, I've probably got her all wrong and in reality she's simply wondering if she bought enough sausages for tea or something...

And - hey presto - the return of the post! Have to say, not much excitement, considering how long it's been since we had any, but I did get this lovely squishie from Totty Jo - some interfacing, which I knew was coming and some surprises too - green floss and lovely eyelash yarn. The interfacing (medium weight) tells me it wants to be painted, so perhaps that will happen at some point. And before the next strike, I really must get together the squishie I am going to send her!



And a couple more things to show - a princess crown block for MaryLou, who showed some on her blog and mentioned she'd like one from England, and some more attic windows. And that's today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous. Very stylish.

rlbates said...

Looks like fun!

zizzybob said...

Thanks for sharing this site. What a hoot looking at all the cards. Wish I had such a good imagination.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

What style, what flair, what originality, what FUN- it must be made by someone English!
Kate, I love your tiara and can't wait to add it to the collection for the quilt. Stay tuned
Mary Lou

Heather Robinson said...

This is storytelling at its best. She DOES look angry and wistful...just like she is wondering what on earth she's gotten herself into...very beautiful piece and imaginative interpretation.

Joyce said...

The princess crown block is great. Love the post cards etc. I haven't tried any yet but am getting inspired by all the ones I see on your blog.As for the Where Was My Head, been there, done that, can totally relate.

Crissi Harvey said...

wonderful

Dymphie said...

Love your fabric piece. Fun story you made out of this picture :)

Jill said...

Beautiful piece. The image is perfect. :)