Saturday, October 20, 2007

Postcardy day





Here's what I worked on today - two sets of postcards - the green (for my "monochromatic" swap) are nearly done, they just need all the sequins and stuff added to the others (I will do this tonight in front of the rugby) and then tomorrow they can be edged. The flapper card (for the 1920's swap) is the prototype - the others will all be slightly different as I don't have 6 copies of the same photo - I have four flapper pics in this size, and need to do six cards, so the other two will have 2 smaller photos each. But other elements will remain the same. I promise that I had this idea in my head for ages, well before I received this card today...






Another 20's flapper, this one from Joan. And also in the post today, K is for Kokopelli, a great card, really effective and good beading - bound to be a favourite I think. This one is from Karen.

Also got this in the post today - some lovely fabrics from my discount FQ club. I really enjoy receiving these, even though they aren't always what I'd normally pick (or perhaps, because of that) - these are actually really useful - lots of texture and tonality. I might send the really large floral print to someone else as a gift, but otherwise, I can see myself using all of these.


Just wanted to mention that, in case anyone was wondering, I didn't post yesterday partly because I had nothing to say for once (spent the day at school, and didn't get any sewing related post) and partly because I went to bed very early as I felt quite flu-ey. Luckily, this didn't develop into anything, though I still have a sore throat and very little voice (had that Friday all day, too). I was dreading coming down with something partly because I hate being ill anyway (who doesn't) but mainly because it's Olivia's birthday party tomorrow, and to have to cancel at the last minute... Not to mention, we had planned to take the kids ice-skating today, so that would have had to be cancelled as well. As it was, we did go, and fun was had by most (not sure Alex enjoyed it much - a bit scary for him, so he and I left the rink early and went to have a coffe (or fruitshoot) and watch the others from above). Short video clips of the girls skating will be uploaded later to the family blog...


May not blog much tomorrow, what with the birthday party and all, but I will at least announce the weekly winners, if nothing else!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

I was sort of wondering where you were...verrra strange ;)...I am happy to hear that you are not sick or something majore hadn't happened.

Your monochromtaic green cards...is this one from the set that you were working on in September? If so...neat to see the almost finished product.

I hope the birthday party is a success.

Where do you go skating there? Is it a popular sport?

So many questions ...

Peggy (Québec)

Myra said...

I love the green cards. I see you gave that flower stitch foot a go - I really like the look of those circles. Glad you feel better. Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

I like the green postcard too. Is that discharge dyeing? I also like the Kokopelli card - beautiful.
I did wonder where you were. Hope you soon shake the bug off. Enjoy tomorrow.

sewkalico said...

Lovely postcards! (Especially now that I know who Kokopelli is LOL)
Hope you have a good birthday party - no celebrating in our house though after that rugby result (woo-hoo!)

Joyce said...

I love your postcards, esp the green one. Hope you are feeling completely well by now.

Helen in the UK said...

The Kokopelli cards is wonderful isn't it! Love your flapper girls too :)