Saturday, July 21, 2007

Less rain, more sewing




Well, this may not look like a very exciting postal day, but in addition to the lovely card ("G is for Giraffe" from Kim) I also got this package of Misty Fuse from a friend in the US, who bought some in bulk to share out among my surface embellishment group. We reimbursed her for it, but it still takes a bit of effort to order it, package it up and mail it to us, and for those of us who can't get it in our own country, it's great. I haven't tried it out yet, but am looking forward to using it with sheers and the like, as I understand it doesn't really show, unlike some of the other fusibles.

I also took a little time to make this block (you may recognise it by now) in blues for the birthday block swap. I am taking over for a member who has had to resign from the group I am not in (there are 3 groups) and so am catching up with the two blocks done already for that group. This is one of them (well, she wanted a 12" star, so it seemed sensible to use this one again - I really like it!). The other one will be this pattern, too, in Christmas colours. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Great star, like the blue version too. While you're about it, you could make us an African one - you'd be able to do it with your eyes closed by now LOL!