Finally finished attaching the binding to this quilt - took ages, partly because I haven't been watching much telly this week and partly because my fingers were really hurting - I think the fabric might be a bit thick or something. Anyway, hopefully the other one will go a little faster!
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Friday, February 24, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2017
And here's some more - the rest, bar a few orphans - of those same blocks, this time set together to make pinwheel shapes. This top is smaller than the other, but will be big enough once a border is on it - Project Linus needs all different sized tops to make up and give out, so I know I'm ok, no matter what size I end up with.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Saturday, February 18, 2017
This isn't a new set, precisely - I took some of the many little three patch units I have and added borders to them to make them more interesting (and larger). There are two in each pattern here, so they will make 2 small quilt tops when I put them together. I think I actually made 34 rather than 32, so I will throw a couple into my bag of orphans.
Friday, February 17, 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
On Monday afternoon, I took a big load of quilt tops which have been hanging out in my house to Liz, my local co-ordinator for Project Linus. She sent me away again with these prints, good for borders (or who knows, perhaps something else) for more Linus quilts for future. I love not having to spend money on fabric (but still coming away with fabric!)
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Monday, February 13, 2017
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Friday, February 10, 2017
I usually show finished cards here, but I thought today I'd share a batch of starters, for fun. Hopefully at some point, I'll be able to show the finished cards (not all cards come back, and some of them take a long time to return, depending on how quick the other players are to work on them and send them on - I can't complain - sometimes I take 6 weeks to work on ones I have!)
All of these cards will have things added to them by two other people. I try to make something interesting, without limiting it too much for those coming after.
Thursday, February 09, 2017
Wednesday, February 08, 2017
Tuesday, February 07, 2017
Here's another little top mae from the same blocks as the one shown yesterday - some of these have a different contrast fabric, so I took advantage of that to make a windmill setting. Again, it will probably get a border on it anyway, which will help a bit.
Monday, February 06, 2017
This one is pretty small - I had quite a few blocks and for various reasons, decided to make them into two tops rather than one. But it will be a nice top for a small person. And I will probably border it, anyway, which will add to the size a little.
Sunday, February 05, 2017
Saturday, February 04, 2017
Back from the longarm quilter - here's the first of the two quilts. You can sort of see the meander used to quilt it below - the person who commissioned the quilts chose that quilting pattern from a selection. Looking good - only the binding to go now!
Friday, February 03, 2017
Here's another finished set on which I was the middle person to add something. They came to me with the background and the bridges; I added a strip of blue washi tape and a strip of travel themed washi tape. The final player added the planes. It works!
Thursday, February 02, 2017
And yes, another bordered top for Project Linus - this one features a border print with bakeware: mixers, cake stands, bowls, measuring spoons and so on. I think it turns what was a rather undynamic top into something a lot more zingy.
Wednesday, February 01, 2017
I showed the block sets I have waiting around to be worked on in January (admittedly, not at the beginning of January, but at the point I showed them, I hadn't done anything with them yet in 2017) - so here's an update for February of what I have waiting around to be worked on.
These two sets were used, made into tops:
- 7" neutral bordered wonky 4 patch blocks (36)
- 6.5" scrappy rail fence blocks (48)
And I didn't add any sets this month, so there are now only 10 sets - though some of those have quite a few blocks in!
Here's what they are:
Top left: 8.5" aqua Roman stripe blocks (30)
Top right small pics (upper): 8" brown, pink, red bordered Red Riding Hood blocks (20); 6.5x8.5" rectangular log cabin blocks (90)
Top right small pics (lower): 8" rail fence variation blocks (33); 8" string blocks (90);
Bottom left: 8.5" batik chunky pinwheels (18)
Bottom right small pics (upper): 6x9" birds on blue sky background (42); 4" 3 patch blocks (2 squares, one rectangle) (155) - these will almost certainly have something else done to them before being used;
Bottom right small pics (lower): 12" circular flying geese blocks (9); 4.5" Christmas four patch (84)
Here's what my collection looked like last month: