Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A many postcard day



Today's accomplishments: a purple and white-on-white nine-inch star for my birthday block swap - paper pieced of course. I took the star from Judy Martin's The Block Book and copied it into EQ5. I was then able to easily resize it (it was 12" and I needed a 9" star) and print out pp patterns. And hey presto - looks nice, if I do say so myself.

I also finished quilting and putting brads onto the lantern postcards - now they need backing and edging, which I should be able to do tomorrow. That was all the sewing, as I decided to go for a swim while my cleaners were here - it's always easier to be out of the house for that.


It was, however, a bumper day for postcards - there were six of them on my mat this morning when I got back from school, and no other post at all. My favourite kind of postal day. One of the cards was my own washer card back to me, but the others are all from other people...

The sun is a card for the triangle swap and is from Gail - I like this card a lot - both the pieced background and the lovely sun in the foreground, embellished by threadplay in the rays and with angelina in the body of the sun. The card on the right is for the Summer swap on FAI, and is from Beth.



These two are from Paula (left) a belated card from the Open Swap on EuroQuilt, and from Joan - both the flowers and the leaves are made from Angelina (it's for the Angelina swap) - really effective, isn't it!

And finally, another card from the Triangles swap - this time from Kim, who has used tyvek for the red triangle, as well as triangular quilting and a triangle pieced into the background. And of course, gotta love that eyelash yarn used as edging.

5 comments:

Penny said...

The star you made is really dynamic.

Unknown said...

Love that purple star

Helen in the UK said...

Love the purple block - looks very complex. Don't think I'd have hte patience to pick out all the paper at the end :)

sewkalico said...

Yup, that purple star is a winner!

Bimbimbie said...

Wow, great postcard delivery day *!*