Sunday, November 27, 2011

Woven ribbons



These are just the blocks - they aren't sewn together - and actually, for some reason I ended up with 28 rather than the 24 I thought I was going to get. I don't really like this long and skinny, so I think I will either make 2 more for a 5x6 layout or use 25 of them for a 5x5 layout. I have enough fabric for more blocks, so I might just make a couple as it will improve the layout. I also have enough of the fabric I used in the centres of the blocks to use as a border.

This is a start on my 2012 effort to use some more of my stash (not just the scraps, but some of the slightly larger pieces) - I'm looking forward to that, actually - it will be good to get into the stash and actually use some of it!

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I need to do some good projects to use up my stash too.

I think it would be better being less long too. Petty colors!

Trina said...

I, too, have a lot of projects I need to finish. I am wanting to use up my stash.

I am with you about long a nd skinny.

The way you have been using your stash is inspiring. I like following your blog to see what you make next.

Trina

Lynda said...

Don't think you'll succeed at making your stash smaller - no matter how many quilts you make, it doesn't seem to make much of a dent! Some fabric leaves the stash, but more joins as remnents from borders, backing and binding!

Lynne said...

What's the name of that block please Kate? It looks very interesting.