Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pink and yellow, with spirals


True to my word from yesterday, I have managed to get Lynn's quilt quilted today. After some dithering, I decided to quilt it quite simply with open spirals - I did considering doing something which worked in the individual flowers, but it was getting too complicated, so I reverted to an all-over design, using a pink and yellow variegated thread (of course!). Next step is to get it bound, but I didn't really feel like doing that today, so I did some piecing instead. There's still plenty of time to do the binding, anyway.


6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks so cute. Nice job on the swirls!

Lynne said...

The quilting is gorgeous. Are you using a quilting frame or doing FMQ?

Sarah Craig said...

So pretty, Kate!! I love the different size flowers....

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh is it so lovely! Great job!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Cute Cute....this quilt soooo reminds me of some vintage fabric I have!!!

sewkalico said...

Wonderful!!!!