Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Blue squares



Remember a while back I did a green version of Judy Laquidara's Peaches and Dreams quilt to use up green strip scraps? Well, I decided I'd tackle some blues with a blue version, only a little smaller - baby quilt size (36" square). What an excellent idea - I love this. I was going to give it to Project Linus, but changed my mind once it was made - instead, I've taken a blue string quilt out of my stash of tops and replaced it with this one! I might even do this again someday - such a simple yet effective pattern.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm just about to start on my scrappy brown blocks and that gives me some ideas - thanks.

Pascale said...

This is a brilliant quilt, and you make so much. Still amazed.

Sandra Kaye said...

Kate, I love this quilt... great color choice. Hugs

Needled Mom said...

That one would be a keeper for me too. It is lovely!

sewkalico said...

very cool!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love this...looks fab and using one colour family really makes it soothing.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love this one too! Like the new blog header!

Kristy said...

Wow. This is really beautiful! Well done!