Monday, July 12, 2010

Little wall quilt



Instead of doing a second Stay-at-home Robin to make a quilt for the girls' room, I decided to use a Moda charm pack which I had - the line is Cherish Nature by Deb Strain for moda and it has just the right colours in it. The whole thing was fairly random - I just did triangles & squares & rectangles without much planning. This is how Olivia arranged it on the floor, with a few minor balance adjustments. If I don't lose track of the order during sewing, this will be how it looks (more or less) sewn together, as well...

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am still thinking about my stay-at-home-robin. I did a second block which may replace the first one. One of my faithful followers said I was "playing too safe." I think she was correct. So, I used more scraps and made a second block that is a little more my style.

That wall hanging is looking good.

Sarah Craig said...

Very pretty colors in that charm pack! I like the look you've come up with....

Angela said...

What a beautiful set of fabrics, this is going to be a lovely little quilt

potter jotter said...

Those colours work really well together - do you think 'colour expertise' comes with experience and can be learned, or are some people just born with it? I used to sometimes get it wrong, but I have more of a 'feel' for it these days. Lovely work!

Kathy said...

Is this quilt going in the girls' room? The colors look like the colors used there. It's a lovely quilt.

RagQuiltLvr said...

I love the colors of the little wall quilt. Due to my choice of fabrics, most of quilts looks like they belong ina log cabin (woodland, outdoor, manly themes).

I'll have to do some shopping for something with those patterns and color theme.