Monday, September 14, 2009

Trees - mostly



Well, here's the first of the two tree pieces, put together (and yes, I have just now noticed the blue and white piece which is in sideways. Sigh. Will fix it next time!). I think it works well - definitely was right to go with the lighter blues! And the nice thing is, the paper is all off as well, thanks to my laptop not working - I usually catch up on emails and stuff while watching telly, but I couldn't get the laptop to turn on tonight after it spontaneously turned itself off, so instead, I pulled papers. And then I cross-stitched. It's annoying, but good for my handwork! (I am fairly sure the laptop's problem is with the battery or the power cord/transformer as it wasn't charging properly earlier and despite being plugged into a power source and the laptop, the transformer wasn't getting warm at all - but I guess only a trip to the computer gurus tomorrow will tell for sure...)

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Love this! But have to ask, is that one blue/white block supposed to be turned?

black bear cabin said...

very pretty...how big is the finished size?
The cable for my laptop went out recently, and naturally the battery was shot too...but thankfully we are a mac family, so i just stole justins till mine arrived :)
good luck with the computer! and the quilt :)

Quilts and Cats said...

How big are each of those blocks? This looks like 2" pp log cabins. This one may take awhile!!

Unknown said...

f you accidentally left the batter run becuase you thought it was charging and it wasn't, remove the battery and the charger unit, plug the charger back in and turn on. Assuming the charger works it shudl then fix itself.

Ruth's Place said...

Look wonderful!!

sewkalico said...

Very cool! I am still computerless and just using his Lordship's when allowed :-(

jovi said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!

linda said...

love it!