Friday, September 04, 2009

A few good blocks...



Today I took some time to work on a few things besides the log cabin blocks - I needed to do a block for the Around the World Quilt Bee - here it is. This is for Cathy's quilt and although there were many colours represented in the blocks which have been made to date for her quilt, I tried to keep mine close to the ones in the block which she made to start things out. I was tempted to do a star, but decided for something a little different to help balance the quilt. This was a 12" block - nice to make a standard size block this time around - some of the recent ones have been a bit harder to come up with a good design for (this design is not an original, mind you - it's a Judy Martin block).

The other thing I worked on, I can't actually show you, but I can show you the starter block on the piece - it has been added to several times already and of course I added my pieces to it, so it doesn't really look much like this anymore (this is a 4" square), but at least there's something to show!

3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's 4 inches?! That's a lot of teeney tiny pieces.

TexasRed said...

Wow - I'm working on some 4 inch squares for the first time, but not nearly this complex!

Gina said...

Love the blocks. That mini looks interesting

Love and hugs Gina xxx