Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bag day...



No quilting done today, but I did manage to make four bags for party favour bags for Sarah's party next weekend - they are very simple bags, made from two rectangles of fabric, stitched pillowcase style and turned out, then top stitched around to form the bag. I used some velcro for closures. The hardest part was finding enough stuff in stash to use as handles, as they had to be strong enough to work as strapping without being too bulky. Might make some more of these in future as gifts, though I will have to source some more appropriate strap material (obviously I could make straps from fabric, but that defeats the whole quick & easy pattern...)

6 comments:

black bear cabin said...

Cute bags...i like the fabric with the birds on it! Is this a bday party coming up, or just a fun girls party? Im sure the kids will love the bags...very nice!

sewkalico said...

Very cute!

Judi said...

cute bags, I'm sure the girls will love them.

Kathy said...

Very cute bags. I'm sure Sarah's friends will love them.

How do you attach the velcro to the fabric? I have two small bags that I bought at a craft show. Velcro is glued onto the fabric and has come off with use. The velcro pieces are tiny and can't be sewn on. I would like to use the bags again. Help!

Mom

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are cute. I'm sure the girls will really like them.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They look great...bet the girls will love them.