Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stack o' cabins



Yep, it's a stack of log cabin blocks - all finished! Now it only remains to lay them out, piece them together and them remove the paper. Oh, and then quilt them, bind them and so on. But at least the blocks are done...

The other thing accomplished today was an exercise in fabric selection. Sarah has a birthday in a few weeks and wants a sleepover. We decided to make little goody bags for the girls (there will be four in addition to her). How long does it take a nearly 12 year old to select fabric for bags? Well, just add a bit more time to your guess and you're probably in the neighbourhood. During the process, we came across a bit of fabric I love - half a metre of Alexander Henry's Bow Wow Chow Mein, which I have been saving with the intention of possibly making a bag from someday. Lovely daughter promptly asks "will you make me a gym bag" - which offer I declined due to lack of grommets and lack of interest in making a bag with complicated string pulls, etc, until she decided that actually, she would be more than happy with a simple tote bag to put her PE stuff in - and of course, I can always pinch it back in future if I decide to be mean!

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

The stack of log cabin blocks look promising. Just today I thought I better start thinking about the tree skirt I have been meaning to make for *@# years! I don't feel like thinking about winter and Christmas, but if I don't it won't get made again.

Kathy said...

The fabric used for that tote is wonderful! All Sarah's friends will want a bag like that.

Mom

TexasRed said...

Love the bag & I'm very excited to see how the log cabin quilt gets put together!

sewkalico said...

Love the bag!!