Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Runner finished



Despite feeling a bit run down (coming down with a cold) I did manage to do a little sewing today - I made scrappy binding for the dresser runner and attached it - then sewed it down tonight while watching telly. So now I have two runners which fit the top of the dresser, which is good - much easier when one is dusty and needs washing. Think I will swap them around tomorrow... The finished piece is about 20 inches deep and 60 inches wide (the blocks are 4" blocks). Gotta love that double four-patch block!

12 comments:

Anne said...

That runner looks really fantastic. Well done for doing it while not well. Love the look of it.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks wonderful. I gotta make something like this!

Di said...

That looks great. Would be nice in Christmas fabrics!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

This looks great! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

I love this pattern!! Your table runner looks wonderful :)

Get well soon!

Dagmar

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold. Hope you are better soon.

The runner looks good. Maybe I'll try making one for one of my dressers. However, I think that pattern is a bit complex for me.

Mom

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! Hope the impending cold turns out to be something and nothing :o)

C & T Publishing said...

C & T Publishing is offering The Quilt Show Giveaway! Check out further information at our URL.

http://www.ctpubblog.com/2009/09/22/the-quilt-show-giveaway/

black bear cabin said...

very pretty...in your favorite colors too :)
Hey, have you seen what ive been working on? those string quilt squares you sent me...they are almost a queen sized quilt now! hurrah!
Hope you are feeling better soon...i think all the kids went back to school and brought us all their germs to share...we are sick here too :( doh!

Kitty said...

That's really gorgeous Kate - great work. Hope you are feeling better now. x

Ruth's Place said...

Looks fabulous!

sewkalico said...

This looks lovely. Hope you feel better soon!