Saturday, September 26, 2009

In need of renovation...



Here's a little house for September, for Pam, whose theme was "in need of renovation". I have done an English country cottage, which obviously needs a bit of tending. A shutter is hanging by a single hinge, there is no door knocker (not sure where it's got to!), the grass is overgrown, the thatch is desperately in need of repair, the roses are taking over, and you can see that a wee bird has made a nest in the chimney. I'm really pleased with the way it came out (and frankly, pleased to get it done in September, as busy as the month has been) and hope Pam will like it also.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is soooo clever!

Anne said...

Absolutely love it - definitely appeals to my quirky nature :0)

Petra said...

I love your cottage Kate! Would love to live in it.

sewkalico said...

So cute! Looks a bit like our house (without the thatch of course LOL)

Kathy said...

That house is adorable. What a clever idea!

Mom

ladybelle said...

How adorable. How big is it?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is adorable! I was thinking I would want to live there until you pointed out the flaws.

Anonymous said...

This little cottage is so creative, and so inspirational. Overgrown or not, it's somewhere I would love to live

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's adorable...I love those cottage roses!