Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy birthday to me...



OK, strictly speaking, it's not my birthday, but it IS my birthday block swap month, so I will get some lovely goodies in the post over the next few weeks - of which this is the first. I asked for people to make blocks any size, shape or colour they liked, but with a strong 3D element in them. How they acheived this was up to them. This block is from Joy, and although there are 4 folded flowers on the block, she has only folded one out and tacked it to show what I can do with them after quilting. Clever of her, as I will certainly want to quilt around them first. The block is about 16 inches square - I haven't measured it, just guessed. And it's done in the same colour scheme as the blocks from my last year's birthday swap, so I might very well combine it with a few of those blocks to make a nice little wallhanging. It's really great and I can't wait to see the rest of the blocks!

It was nice to get this in the post because although I did do some work today, it was just the quilting on the corn and beans quilt, which, while nice to work on and to look at hasn't really changed that much since the last photo I showed of it... I will spare you that, and show it to you again when it's done. I did make good progress on it - there's about 12 inches or so left to do - all down one side, that is. Perhaps later this week, though of course, tomorrow is back to school & work...

3 comments:

Sherry said...

our birthday block swap is a great idea your going to have a great month. Happy Birthday. I have just spent alot of time on your blog looking at your older post. I wish I had the time to read it all but looking at your pieces was so anazing. I just printed off the info on Amys Circles and I moght be doing it on a swap that I'm doing. Thanks for the info. Have a great month.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My birthday is this month too...I'm the 19th.

I knew there was a reason I liked you ;o)

mumzy said...

What a lovely block!