Sunday, June 28, 2009

BQL Challenge



So, here's what I did today - after spending ages thinking I had plenty of time to do this in June, I realised that June is quickly running out and I really should get started. It's a small piece, maybe 15x20" and although I enjoyed the McTavishing in the border, I'm not totally thrilled with the entire finished effect -it's too puffy in the middle where there's no quilting. I wish I'd pre-quilted the central panel before adding the strips, but it's too late for that now.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

couldn't you hand quilt behind the strips?

Celine said...

well done for completing the challenge. I have done the top but not quilted yet. Only 2 days left, time is running out for me, help!
Celine

black bear cabin said...

i agree with Gene...what about some hand quilting to help tack it down a bit.
I love your color choices, and still think its very cool quilt though :)

Lynda said...

Looks good to me, but at least you've enjoyed one technique and learned something on the way! Good result.

mumzy said...

That is a different technique that I have not come across yet. You did an awesome job. I like the middle the way it is but maybe that is just me!

dawn.u said...

I have thought about this too - I fluffed the narrow inner border so will be reverse stitching mine and then quilting it between the fins, before adding the inner border (corectly this time!) etc..... mine looks very different dimentions too....

Digitalgran said...

Well I love it Kate! It's very unusual.