Monday, June 22, 2009

Drunkard's Path



Today I had a small window of time between dropping the kids at school and going back to collect Sarah to go to an interview at her new school (just to hand in admissions forms and ask any questions) - I was originally going to use the time to go look at flooring for the bathroom, but I just couldn't face it. So I dug my way into the sewing room (it's encumbered at the moment by a radiator and mirrored bathroom cabinet, both in large boxes, as well as other odds and ends for the bathroom (which we are having redone, starting this week, in case you missed that part!) - I guess I should be glad the tiles are downstairs rather than in there...) and did a block for the next block set of the Around the World Quilt Bee. These are Aimee's blocks - she started with a circle made of 6" DP blocks; I have decided to make mine smaller and set them more traditionally - this is solely because I had a pack of 5" charm squares, so my pieces weren't big enough for the 6" block! The colours aren't quite the same, but the fabrics are similarly retro, so I hope they will work.

4 comments:

wonderwoman said...

that looks brilliant - am not sure my skills are quite up to that yet!!!

x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love drunkards path. Love the fabrics you used...blue and green are a great combo.

TexasRed said...

I love the soft retro look!

Lynda said...

These look lovely and definitely retro!