Saturday, June 13, 2009

Batik baby quilt



After the better part of a week of nothing happening, it's nice to finally have something to show. It would be nicer to get some of my free time back, but I don't suppose that will happen any time real soon. Anyway, this morning I did finally get a chance to quilt this baby quilt for a friend who is having a baby in about 2 weeks' time. It's a small quilt so didn't take long to do. I just used a hedgehog spiral with some wavy echoes around it - very simple and quick. Tomorrow I have a lot to get done, but hope to at least get some binding attached to work on during the week. I miss having time to sew. I miss blogging about the stuff I make! In a few weeks' time perhaps things will settle a bit and there will be more sewing!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a cute little quilt!

mumzy said...

Sweet baby quilt! I love the colours!

Gail said...

Wow, another adorable quilt by Kate! What a lucky baby. Really Kate you get more done than anyone I know!

Ruth's Place said...

It's lovely. If you find that spare time, please send some my way!

Rafael's Mum said...

Very nice quilt! I love the way you quilted it with the spiral looking like a sun!

Gina said...

Love the quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a beautiful quilt - great quilting too.

sewkalico said...

It's a gorgeous quilt. I can imagine how much you miss your free time! Hopefully you'll get some again soon.