Saturday, June 06, 2009
Corn & beans redux
Ta da! I have finished quilting the corn and beans quilt - and I did need the second spool of thread, though only a little. Probably if I'd started with one brand new one (I think I've used it on a few postcards, etc) it would have made it through - but that's ok, I love the colour and will gladly use it again. Tomorrow I will try to get the binding on.
I also made a couple of postcards for a batik background swap - I chose a colourful batik and threadpainted over the flowers, then added some couched fibre and sequins. Simple, but effective. On the right, a selection of neutral fabrics I got from my fabric club this month - which is nice as this area of my stash always needs boosting.