Friday, June 26, 2009

Cathedral Windows



No time to get into the sewing room today, but I still have something to blog - this fabulous birthday swap block from Margaret, which came in the post. As usual, Margaret's work is fabulous, and I love the colours she has chosen for this block. As it's a highly textured cathedral windows block, it really doesn't need anything further doing to it, so I have simply hung it on a wall as is - it makes a superb mini quilt that way.

Thought you might like to see the back as well, as it's also quite funky. I particularly like the b/w fabric which echoes the shape of the cathedral windows on the front. And Wil, if you are reading this, no, you can't have it - I am quite happy to share bits of my black and white stash, but this would be going way too far!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow, I love the CW done with tB&W fabrics! If I ever finish my other one I could see doing one like thsi with my hand dyed fabrics in the windows.

Mom said...

The B&W (if not mistaken) was an Alexander Henry which was in 2.5" stripes alternating white on black, then black on white, etc, before I cut it up! It was one of my favorite BW fabrics I had, and oddly, this 10"x14" block took nearly a half yard of that material!

Celine said...

Hi Kate,

You are getting some lovely birthday blocks. I am not sure when in June is your birthday but Happy birthday to you. Will you make the BQL challenge this month?
Celine in Beds

Celine said...

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It is always a pleasure to stop by and interesting to read how productive you are! Not sure how you do it all. When in November is your birthday? Mine is same month!
Good luck for the BQL challenge tomorrow!
Celine

black bear cabin said...

wow...margarets block is stunning! what a treasure :)

Lynda said...

Both front and back are fabulous - although I prefer the purple and orange on the front!