Thursday, June 04, 2009

FFO...


...or, Finally Finished Object. This is the quiltie I got in the post today from Deborah (for whom I am finishing this piece) as part of the UFO Challenge swap. This top was made a long time ago as a start for a challenge piece with the theme of summer. I got as far as the beach huts and then lost steam. Deborah has kindly sorted it out for me and it looks great. There is detail that doesn't show in the photo, such as some fringe at the top of the sand and the bubbles quilted at the top of the waves. The piece really works now, and I'm delighted with it. Thank you so much, Deborah!

9 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

"FFO", I love it. I just might have to borrow that if I ever get around to finishing some of my old UFO's. Thanks for sharing, it's a darling quilt.

Robin in Seal Beach, CA

Vicki W said...

Very cool!

Rafael's Mum said...

That looks really great ! What are you going to do with it ? wall hanging ?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's so sweet...I love the colours...it captures the summer season on the beach perfectly.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love the term "FFO" too. Since we have a term for UFO, there needed to be an equivalent for the finished ones. I didn't even know we were missing the word until you mentioned it! It looks great.

Deborah OHare said...

Glad you like it Kate.
I have to say that doing it has also given me some ideas for my own stuff, so I guess this UFO swapping thing is a win win situation.

jovaliquilts said...

Swapping UFOs, what a brilliant idea!

shellysquilts said...

Cute stuff! And I'm sure alot of fun to do (and receive.) Happy quilting!

wonderwoman said...

that looks just gorgeous!

x