The problem with this cross-stitch - or rather, the problem with the way I've been photographing it is that each photo is a different angle... Anyway. Here's a view from about 3 weeks ago (left) and another from 2 weeks ago (centre) and finally, tonight - I didn't take a photo last week, as I'd only done about one box. So. 13 blocks to go, and then the centre panel. I might actually move to the central panel before I do all the boxes, as two of them are initials and date - seems silly to do them before I'm really finished. But progress is definitely being made.
Spent a lot of time today quilting the diamond quilt - did spirals with meandering - looks kind of funny in this photo, but looks good on the quilt. I've only done this in the centre - the diamonds and into the black border a bit. On the floral batik border, I'm going to go around the flowers, I think - and continuing into the rest of the black border in the places where the spiral meander quilting doesn't touch.
And finally, a review of the week's goals:
journal quilt for the week (deadline 4/10)- done. and I managed to make it fit another requirement - the October challenge on Textile Challenges second September blocks for birthday swap- done. whew. September arch for Textile Challenges- yep. add border to Caroline's sister's quilt (a commissioned piece) and pin together for quilting- done, and started quilting it.
So, not sure what this week is going to be like - hopefully I will get at least a few hours of quilting and sewing time. Sunday, I am hoping to make it to the Knit and Stitch show at Ally Pally, which at least will be fibre related!
- journal quilt for the week (deadline 11/10)
- start October birthday block
- work on Angela's quilt
- set of postcards - "starts with V" (deadline 15/10)