Monday, June 04, 2007

What I did while I was away...




Well, here they are, the fruits of my labours - I sewed down two of the purple fan units for the nesting robin quilt (would have done more, but forgot they were in my bag until the last night I was there), played around with some Hardanger stitches (practicing for an upcoming postcard swap - H is for...), beaded some geese (can't really see from the photo), finished off the hand stitches and French Knots on the green & brown postcards (no photo of those, because I'm shortly going to post a photo of the finished product and the colour is much better in that photo, and they don't look much different, just the edging is on). And also, a photo of some bits I bought in the market in Loughborough. There were lots of elaborate trims which I resisted, as I had no idea what I'd do with them, and just bought some ribbon I can use - narrow ribbon is always useful for stuff and the sheer ribbon is for an upcoming technique swap on my surface embellishment group (theme: sheers). I am planning to do some melting, among other things, and thought the ribbon would be a fun thing to use...

No comments: