Sunday, June 17, 2007

Triangle Day



Worked on the triangle postcards this morning - first, I finished adding the sheer to the top and stitching three triangles on each card, then I helped Olivia with her spelling homework while using the soldering iron to cut away from the outsides of the organza triangles. Then, back up to the sewing room to add some decorative stitching - everything I could find on my machine (which doesn't have vast numbers of decorative stitches) which had actual triangles in it - so not the normal zig zag, but there's a zig zag with bars across top and bottom and a couple of other ones which feature triangles.

And then back downstairs, this time with Olivia and Alex both helping, to stamp some triangles on using potato stamps (only triangle stamp I already had was really large). I'm not sure quite how helpful Alex was, but he seemed to have fun and only got one colour of ink on himself, which isn't too bad, as these things go... Finally, I fused the backing on really well as I knew I wasn't going to satin stitch the edge, for once. I did one row of straight stitch around the edge of the cards, leaving 1/8 to 1/4 inch free and then using my pinking shears to make triangle-y edges. Hopefully, they will be triangle-y enough!

Oh, and I forgot to say that both the girls' quilts for Sandown are now finished and ready to be taking to the showground on Tuesday afternoon. Not cutting it close or anything :) I will try to photograph them tomorrow, outside, if it's not raining.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

They are lovely. All together like that they would have made a great quilt LOL. Love the edges, if I could get my pinking shears sharpened I'd never cut a straight line again:-)

Susan Lenz said...

Fabulous! So many triangle in so many different, creative ways. I love the fact that you had your kids as assistants. Also, it is truly wonderful that the girls' quilts turned out so beautifully. These kids are blessed to be around you and your creativity.
Susan