Monday, June 11, 2007

Scottie Dogs revisited - and thanks!

Didn't have a lot of time to work this afternoon as I spent part of the time acquiring a new toy but I did manage to get a bit done on the Scottie Dog quilt - I finished sewing all the snowballs together and did a row of 10" pinwheels blocks, too. I have one more row of dogs to add on, and I'm thinking I'll put a row of bowties between the bottom dogs in this photo and the other row (maybe double, the way the snowballs are) - just need to work out sizes. Then I'll see how big the whole thing is and if I need to add anything to top and bottom, but I do feel progress is being made. Hoorah.

Nearly finished stitching the binding down on Sarah's quilt, so perhaps a photo of that tomorrow. Or the next day. Has to be finished fairly soon as I have to take it to the showground next week. Yikes. Have to finish Olivia's binding, too, but as her quilt is only about 36x42, I'm not so worried about that. I always tell myself I'm not going to leave things until the last minute, but do I listen? :)

Also, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted about my postcard wallhanging - I've replied to most of you, where I could, but those ones where I couldn't, well, just wanted to say thanks to you guys too. I never quite know what to do about comments where no email address shows - at the moment, I get few enough comments I can still respond to people, which I like to do, though who knows whether that will always be the case. But when there's no email address and no profile showing (and so no link back to the commenter's own blog) well, what can you do? But I appreciate the comments anyway - please don't stop!

2 comments:

Sue Wild said...

Like to add to comments about the postcard holder, it looks really great and so simple too. I'd been looking for an album but they are too bulky and I currently have mine in a cardboard storage box. The holder is a lovely way to display them. I might use patterned fabric or some applique so if there is no postcard there will still be something of interest in the space.

Regards

SueW

Teodo said...

Ciao,
It's lovely! It's a swap?

The Africa blocks are very nice.
ciao ciao