Monday, June 25, 2007

Triangle thingy & other exciting stuff

Didn't do a lot today, just finished putting together this base for my quilt for Quiltswap 4 - it's approximately 18x24 inches and now, it's time to heavily embellish it.


I'm going to work with sheers on this one - capturing stuff behind the sheer fabric, using thread to make shapes in the sheer and then my little soldering iron to cut away the excess. Not sure just what I'm going to do, but I intend to have fun with it. Hopefully, it will turn out well. Watch this space, as they say.

I also got all my FQs from Sandown washed and ironed - and most of the kids' ones, too. Given that there were about 30 of them in the wash today, this is a slightly more impressive feat than it may seem at first glance :)




And tonight I finished sewing on the binding onto the blue and white quilt - I still would like to photograph it outside for better colour, but it may actually never stop raining here, so... But at least this gives a decent idea, even if it does look less white than in reality - it's really very white - the closeup shows it better. It's not destined for a specific purpose (other than I am going to show it at Hever quilt show) but if you are a friend or relative of mine and plan to get married any time soon, you might well get to see it in person...

No comments: