Saturday, September 20, 2008
Well, lookie what I did today - yep, finished quilting Ursula's quilt. I decided to make the border a little funky and trimmed it with a wave, which I'm really pleased with (except one bit on the right, which needs some minor adjustments). Now I just have to make loads of bias binding to bind it. But it's nearly done. In the end, I decided to quilt it with a variety of variegated threads, wherever possible working with the block colours. I think I used about 6 or 7 different ones in the end. I think it's come out really well - from a distance, you only see the fabrics, but up close you see the texture and the fabrics, which is just what I wanted. Not sure what colour I will do the binding - kind of depends on what I have in my stash. Or perhaps I will piece it out of many different ones - it would suit the quilt, I think.