Not a lot to show today, as we had a friend around for lunch (hence I spent some of the morning cooking) and then spent the gorgeous day outside enjoying the sunshine (yes, really - sunshine). But I've made some progress with the birds - last week on the left, and as it stands today on the right - Oregon got finished and Tennessee and Texas completely done.
So, what else happened this week? Lots! But I did get a lot done, as well, which is great. Here were the goals from last week:
set of screenprinted fat eights for a swap (deadline 30/9)- done, mostly. I have to iron them still - they were done with paint not dye, so need to be heat set. set of "complex cloth" fat eights for a swap (deadline 30/9)- also done - it's still a single piece, and needs to be heat set, then cut into 8 pieces, but essentially done.
- journal quilt for the week (deadline 20/9) - this one I didn't manage, though I'll hopefully catch up in the week - used all my free sewing time to quilt Ursula's quilt, which really was higher priority.
finish binding Hawaiian 3 quilt- done bind giveaway quilt- done quilt some of Ursula's quilt (deadline 1/10, if possible to go home with my mother (otherwise I have to mail from the UK))- finished - now just need to bind it.
This week is going to be another busy one, I'm sure - Sarah's birthday is on Saturday, so there's a lot to get doen in the lead up to that, plus my mother and I want to take another day to go back up to town. So, there won't be a lot of quilting type stuff happening, I shouldn't think.
- journal quilt for the week (deadline 27/9) - and last week's too, if possible
- bind Ursula's quilt (deadline 30/9)
- work on September block for birthday block swap
- fibre & yarn ATC (deadline 30/9)