Sunday, September 07, 2008
Here's a couple of cross-stitch things to show - first, I finished the little house and waterfall - there wasn't a lot left to do, but anyway, it's done now. I also started on the Hallowe'en alphabet - this won't take long to do, as actually I have already worked it out to "a" this evening... But I knew it would be a fairly quick one. And while having a trawl through my box of cross-stitch stuff in search of some more black (which I found) I also found this wisteria piece - which is finished, I hasten to add - which has been languishing in there for a while now. I should probably find a frame for it. The photo is a bit light, but the piece is nice, if I do say so myself. I have a number (we won't say which number) of pieces in various stages of work - some fairly far through, some less so - and in a variety of styles, but really, when I choose new pieces (which I shouldn't do anyway) I should pick nice small, acheivable stuff like this - then it would all get done! (You'll see what I mean when I show my long-running Christmas angels piece.)
I did do quite a bit of work today on the Twisted Mystery quilt, which of course I can't show, so it's lucky I have the cross-stitch progress to show. The centre of the TM is done, then I want to add a narrow black border and then another border made up of squares of the various fabrics and a few plainer ones, so I can add some funky themed quilting in them. But it shows every sign of being finished 'ere long!