Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday's ACTUAL blog...



Nothing done yesterday (well, I say nothing, but what I mean is nothing sewing related - I helped in the nursery and went to Ikea in the afternoon so it's not really nothing! At Ikea I bought the lovely stripey duvet cover I didn't buy last time - it's my friend Lorayne's fault - I showed it to her and said "I almost bought this last time I was here" and being the good friend she is, she told me it would look great in my bedroom and I should get it. Well, how could I resist. Anyway, once I got it home and on the bed, the black and white quilt that was hanging on the wall didn't look right anymore, so I had to hang a different one... A photo of that later, the light has gone now...)


Anyway, today I did do some sewing, interspersed with helping Olivia make some bead people (a birthday present two birthdays ago, but it's been put away as it's actually a bit hard for a child to do alone - it has an 8+ age on it, and I think that's about right - she's still only 7. But they came out well in the end). I made two more of the ball and chain blocks and started on some black and white and bright carefree nine-patch blocks for yet another swap - I couldn't resist these, as they are really simple and I think will make an excellent baby quilt as some point. I also began sewing together the Thimbleberries stlye snail's trail blocks I made awhile back. Yes, they were originally supposed to be for a swap, but I realised that because I used the paper piecing pattern as a guide to making mine (I didn't pp them in the end) they are all backwards (the snails go round the wrong way). So I'm not swapping them, just sewing them together to make a small quilt top. No photo of that, but I'll put one up when it's together.


The other thing I did is wash and dry the frayed fabric I made the other day and the good news is that it really frayed a lot. Not sure how much it shows in this photo, but trust me, it frayed. I'm still not entirely sure what I'll do with it, but I'll come up with something. Might add some beads peeping out here and there. We'll see.

No comments: