Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bound for glory?

Today's sewing theme was binding. In addition to the quilt I quilted yesterday, I had two others sitting in my sewing room waiting to have the binding sewn onto them - my least favourite task in the quilt process. I don't mind doing the hand-sewing to tack the binding down, but making binding and attaching to quilts is just boring. Anyway. So I decided that today I would put the binding on the three of them, and then I'd have something to do when I was watching telly, etc. As it happened, I didn't bind all three of them, but that was because I forgot that one of them wants plain black, of which I need to buy some more, which is partly why it hasn't been bound yet, despite having been quilted for some time. I did, however, attach binding to the other two, so I feel pretty good about that.

I also finished 6 of the frayed fabric postcards - the other three (which are surplus to the swap, anyway) still need some beads added, but I'll do that soon. Forgot to take photos, but again, I can do that with the other three - they are all pretty much the same. And now they are in the post to their new homes. Hoorah.

No comments: