Saturday, March 24, 2007

Brown is the colour...

of my postcard backgrounds that I mentioned yesterday. The idea was to use up a lot of scraps - and while the pieces are very scrappy, I can't honestly say they made much of a dent in my scrap basket. But at least the effect is there. The colour of the photo is (of course) not quite right, although a few of the browns are quite green, as you can see. But I think they will be fun. The idea now is to add some (brown) buttons down the middle strip and then add some decorative stitches (in brown of course) to finish. I think there are only 2 or 3 people in this swap, but I'm trying to build up a small collection of extra cards for when I suddenly need them and for open swaps with different groups. I had originally planned to do 10, but didn't have enough small scrap pieces started, and really didn't want to go back and do any more - I was beginning to worry about this when I suddenly realised that there was no reason I needed to have 10 other than that was the number I originally thought of. Honestly, I do get myself into a pickle sometimes!

Also worked on the last (probably) of the lanterns - I have enough for the swap now, unless some of them end up being off size (which I doubt, as I measured most of them partway through, but you never know). I have to go back and trim them all and press them again (the top and bottom bits, because narrow, have a tendency to flap up). The swap isn't due to be posted out until the 1st of May, so I'm well ahead on that one. In fact, I think it was the only remaining block swap I had going, so I can take a bit of a breather on that score. I do have some more postcards owing, and some technique swaps on my surface embellishment group, but those are all quite small things, so hopefully shouldn't be too stressful. No point in letting my sewing and dyeing commitments get stressful, as that defeats the purpose of doing those things in the first place.

And finally, I did a few more of these leaf blocks. Aren't they lovely and autumnal? And here I am, hoping desperately for spring!

1 comment:

Prairiedogranch said...

Kate, do you have more hours in your days than the rest of us? My goodness you get lots done! And it all looks so great.

Alice H