(Journal Quilt no 7 completed 4 January 2008)
Here's what I wrote about this quiltlet at the time of making; I think it's still quite a good explanation...
This has been an odd week –started with being up at my mother-in-law’s house, then back home but no school, then school. A bit all over the place. The little bit of work I’ve done this week has also been a bit patchy and all over the place, as I try to get all the bits finished for deadlines, etc. So I thought that for my Journal Quilt, I would show that patchy, all over the place kind of feeling. Starting with bits from the top of my scrap basket, I log-cabin pieced a kind of mock-crazy quilt square – all these fabrics are things I’ve used recently in blocks, projects, swaps, etc (including in two different bags, birthday swap blocks, the orange swap, a Christmas project, the Hever group quilt, and the little fabric boxes I’ve been making). I then added some embellishments – ribbons, etc and some of the heart brads I used on the Valentine’s ornaments I made this week. The paper on the back is what I used to back my 1960s postcards.
Just in case you are interested, here's how the fabrics were originally used, from the centre out: