Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sunset on another planet, revisited

Made some progress on this little quilt today - put the red/orange "suns" on, and began quilting it - I've got a nice variegated orange thread which I'm using, which I really like the look of. After I finish quilting with the orange variegated I think I'm going to do some more in gold or red or possibly both - I think it wants lots of quilting. So far, so good - we'll see how it comes along.


I also did some more of the 9x9 squares - just finished up what I started the other day - photos of them on another day, perhaps, when I don't get any work done - like tomorrow & Thursday... And I've received a really super set of Christmas postcards and Winter Solstice ones, too, so I should really get some photos up of them. Especially the Winter Solstice ones, as there are only 7 of them (6 +1 still left to arrive) and the others, though great, are essentially just Christmassy, for the most part.


I meant to put up a photo of Sarah's log cabin blocks, which we worked on on Saturday (I think - I'm losing track of days a bit at the moment), but forgot to photograph them, and can't really be bothered to get them back out and do it, but next time we work on them, I really will remember to take a photo. She's doing all the sewing, although I am doing the rotary cutting - just too hard for a nine year old, especially a left-handed one with a right-handed mum - and frankly, I don't like watching her touch the rotary cutter in the best of circumstancees!

No comments: