Friday, December 29, 2006

Sewing holidays...

As expected, not much sewing done over the past few days, though I might get a little done today, before Sarah's friend comes to have a sleepover (a bit of a misnomer, surely, as they get very little sleep, but you know what I mean!). Thought I'd share some quilty Christmas presents instead - the bag is from my Secret Santa swap on BQL (British Quilting List) - I don't know who made it, but it's a "green" shopping bag for life - just the right size to take out shopping, and very cleverly, it doesn't drag on the ground when I hold it by the handle - so many shopping bags are too long! Anyway, it's had good use already, shopping for half price Christmas cards in New Malden on Wednesday with the kids and my mother in law, and it went to London Zoo yesterday to hold our lunch - I anticipate it will get used until it falls apart...

The fat quarters and cotton are from my other Secret Santa - BQL runs two groups - a "made" Santa, where you have to make a present for your Santa (that was the table runner I was working on in late November) and a "bought" Santa, where you buy a gift up to a certain value. I've been pretty lucky over the years with what I've received, both bought and made - for instance, last year I had a packet of coordinated hand dyes for my bought present and this year I had these lovely black and red orientals, with the variegated valdani cotton. It's fun to have some presents under the tree which you know will be quilty and which you haven't picked yourself!

I also did a Secret Santa swap with my small group, for which I got an amazing set of Christmas placemats, but I'll show pictures of them another day - I'm sure there will be more days I don't get any sewing done!

No comments: