Sunday, December 17, 2006

Not mending but sewing

So, yesterday I gave my sewing room a little mini-orgnisation before spending the day baking for Christmas and came up with a virtuous pile of mending (in addition to some items that I was able to get rid of without mending at all, as they either no longer fit the child in question or haven't been asked about in months), which I really ought to try to get through over the Christmas season. Christmas is actually a good time for mending for me, because I never have time to get into my sewing room and really sew, so a little mending doesn't somehow feel like the deprivation it normally is. I am not a fan of mending, as you may have gathered! Anyway, today I DID have the chance to actually sew, so I grabbed it, as it may well be the last chance for weeks. Worked on some more 4x4 scrapbuster blocks, and did one more of my 9x9 blocks. At least I have no more sewing deadlines for a while, so it doesn't matter too much if I can't get much done for a week or two...

No comments: