Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Start of the sunset


Started working on another new thing today (welcome to the way my mind and art work!) - this time, the background for a small quilt which I will enter into the swap on a yahoo group which swaps quilts (everyone sends in photos, then you send the coordinator a list of your favourites in order and she pairs the quilts up with new owners - apparently it's very successful - a friend of mine on my dyeing list belongs and I thought it sounded like fun. Last swap, no one got lower than their fourth choice - out of about 70 I think).

Anyway, I got these coordinated fat 16ths a while ago, I think as a Secret Santa gift and have never been able to decide what to do with them (not doing a lot of applique). So today, I just stitched and cut and stitched and cut until I ended up with this... It's 18 inches square, more or less. And the plan now is to applique orange and yellow "suns" on to it and quilt it with some sort of variegated thread - haven't quite decided yet. I'm going to call it "Sunset from an unknown planet". Pretentious title, I know, but it popped into my head, so why not.
I also managed to do some more postcards (well, the tops) - really must get those finished, but I'm now lacking motivation :) Not really, I just was itching to do something different. Oh, and I did two more of the little square blocks I was doing the other day. So I made up for not doing more yesterday (started to work on postcards, but felt really icky and tired, so decided to lie down for an hour instead - luckily, it seems to have done the trick as today I feel a little tired, but basically ok. Last thing in the world I need this time of year is to get sick!)



No comments: