Monday, December 11, 2006

December strikes again

No work today, or yesterday for that matter, but I did finally finish up all but the last 4 of the postcards on Saturday. Luckily, the last ones aren't due until the 21st (Winter Solstice) and all within the UK, so I can hopefully get them done tomorrow. I explored a couple of new ways of edging them with the last batch - did a wider zigzag, but went around several times (didn't really like that) and then, just did a very small straight stitch all around and trimmed outside it, which is definitely a good option, very quick, especially if you have lots of cards. I really need to play around with different stiffening options as I'm not thrilled with using card. But frankly, I don't want to face John Lewis (UK dept store with good haberdashery department) until after Christmas, so I guess it will wait. Not that I have time to play, anyway! I know a lot of people use pelmet vilene and other types of vilene, so maybe that's the way to go...

No comments: