Wednesday, March 05, 2008

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky...





Purple haze all in my brain

Lately things just dont seem the same

Actin' funny, but I dont know why

'scuse me while I kiss the sky...


OK, the theme for the cards was to create a card using only the colour purple, but you just know I've had that song stuck in my head since I signed up, so there's no way I was going to make a Purple Haze postcard without Jimi on it. He's technically not purple as I printed him out before I remembered I was going to change him to purple, but as I have covered him with a purple sheer, he looks purple. Close enough. Otherwise, everything is purple (except the vilene in the centre of the card) - purple hand-dyed fabric front and back, purple sheer, ribbon, mesh, bits of purple paper & bits of a melted Cadbury dairy milk wrapper, purple thread, a bit of purple foamy stuff which originally came from a child's magazine, I think (it was the frame after you popped out some foam shapes or something) and a purple button. Purple angelina. What else? Oh, purple pen!


I also finished up my bag today, and it came out rather nicely if I do say so myself, but you can't see it until April - sorry.

I've also been playing with designs for my little quilt for the Spring Four Seasons Swap - my partner likes traditional quilts, so I thought I'd do a little mini sampler, with spring-like fabrics in the blocks. Not sure whether I will do a single background or just different florals and solids or what, but I'm thinking of something along these lines - each of these would be a 6" block, so I want to stick with quite simple blocks, otherwise construction is simply too fiddly. I'll have to go dig around in my stash and see what I can come up with - luckily, because the blocks are small, I won't need a large amount of any one fabric, so I should think I have enough to work from stash, even though spring florals aren't really my main interest, fabric-wise. More on this project next week or so.

9 comments:

Myra said...

Lovin the purple haze cards!

zizzybob said...

Melted candy wrapper????
I am intrigued. Where exactly is it on the card and what ever made you think to do that?

Unknown said...

Love the Purple Haze card Kate its even better in the flesh than on your blog. You must have known I like Jimmy Hendrix, I'm a rocker disguised as a pensioner.

artisbliss said...

Great cards. You've really packed a lot of materials into them, which makes them very visually interesting. Jimi would approve, I'm sure.

Angela said...

Love your cards Kate!

Julie said...

Great Purple Haze cards!

gunnelsvensson said...

Yes they are great!

Anonymous said...

I really like the purple haze cards those are awesome.

Debbi Baker said...

Love love love the purple haze postcards!! PS Your achieved list on today's post exhausts me just reading it!! Awesome accomplishment.