Thursday, March 20, 2008

Four Seasons Spring Quilt - maybe, maybe not




Well, I sashed the blocks together today and put the top together, but I actually don't think I like it. The problem is the two dark squares. It's a little less prominent in reality that in the picture, but still, I think they stand out too much - I tried turning it so the squares were on the bottom rather than the left side, but I still don't think it works. I think I'm going to have to take those two squares apart and re-sash them in something not quite so strong. Maybe that orangey pink that's on the pinwheel block. That's what I get for trying to be too clever and use up bits of scraps and so forth. Nope, the more I look at it, the more I think that all I see is those two blocks sashed with purple. They're going to have to go... I think the other blocks will be ok, though.

3 comments:

Sequana said...

I agree.....the value of those dark sashings is just "off" enough to be visually distracting.

Shouldn't be too tough to frog them.

artisbliss said...

I see what you mean. What if you were to put them opposite each other diagonally? That might give them enough visual distance to tone down the distraction. Otherwise I agree on a color change.

McIrish Annie said...

I agree, I don't mind the dark blocks but the sashings are too much.