Sunday, March 02, 2008

Final Hawaiian and some island batiks


Happy Mother's Day to all you mums in the UK! For one of my mother's day presents, I got to spend some time sewing while Daddy supervised homework. Now that's a nice gift, isn't it.

Anyway, I decided to tackle a couple of the items on my list of goals - the last Hawaiian shirt quilt top is now put together - this one is smaller and square - meant as a lap quilt for my brother and his wife. Now it's just a matter of quilting them. Notice the use of the word "just" - ha.

I also put together the blocks made from the fabrics I bought for myself in San Diego. This quilt is also square and intended as a lap quilt, but it will be for me, as I love the fabrics.



Then I went and did something not on my list of goals (which is ok - they're only goals, not laws laid down by the Quilt Police) and finished quilting this little batik baby quilt. Honestly, I had forgotten about it - then I was thinking about sandwiching up the Hawaiian quilts and remembered I hadn't quite finished this one off. So I tackled the last 7 or 8 inches of quilting on it and it's now completed. Maybe one of my goals for next week will be to put binding on it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

they are all very pretty! Good job! Melinda

Anonymous said...

They look great!

artisbliss said...

Love that baby quilt! I'm a total sucker for batiks.

Anonymous said...

Nice quilts Kate I like them all, the material from San Diego is very striking.