Monday, March 03, 2008

Double inchies



A group that I belong to (Fibre Art Bits) which swaps small bits, recently organised a swap for 2" squares - which we are calling double inchies. Don't know if that's the technical term or not, but there you go.

Today I made 4 sets of 5 for swapping. They aren't identical within each set (for instance, different words - I wanted to do both "dream" and "peace" but didn't have either a D or a P in the purple beads...), but they are fairly close. All of them have fabric backgrounds and satin stitched edges, as well as fabric on the back. Otherwise, the bits vary - ribbon, stick-on bits from the scrapbooking section (I have no interest in actually scrapbooking, but I love the stuff!) , brads and copper wire on the green; flowers from a birthday card, textured paper and little buttons on the orange; ribbon, copper mesh, sequins and letter beads on the purple; lace, buttons and eyelets on the black ones (the fabric there is discharged, the others are hand-dyes).

I had fun working with these - they seemed very big after working on inchies, so the tendency was to over-crowd them; I had to restrain myself from using too many things.

Tomorrow, I'll be working on testing the April bag for the bag challenge on BQL so I won't be able to show that just yet - but maybe if I'm lucky, I'll have some interesting things in the post!

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

These are really cute, Kate. I like the purple and orange next to each other.

Freja said...

We call them "Twinchies" here in South Africa. :)
And I feel just like you do about scrapbooking - no interest, but all those bits and pieces are yummy!

Anonymous said...

I like these Kate they're really cute.

Nikki said...

I love these. I too love to wander the scrapbook section, even though I only scrapbooked for about two months--then I discovered art quilts.I know what you mean by being limited to the letters you have on hand. Sometimes you have to get creative but I never was very good at Scrabble.

I don't know if I will have time to get any done for the swap, but maybe I can sneak it in. If the sun continues to shine I can send the kids outside to play.