Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sewing - of sorts



Well, I have no ATCs to show for today, but I did do some sewing - 4 pillowcases, made from an old sheet we came across while clearing out a box of my mother's miscellaneous fabric. We were bemoaning the lack of pillowcases earlier in this visit - there are only enough to actually cover the pillows in the house, with no spares (not normally a problem in a house with one person and ten pillows), but it was a bit of an issue while we had everyone, including my brother and SIL staying. It was funny, though, as it was a perfect instance of the fact that although we are quite different in some ways, in other ways, my mother and I think precisely alike - the moment we saw the old sheet in the box we both said, at the same time - "hey, we could use that to make some more pillowcases". I can't say this was sewing that particularly challenged or excited me, but it was useful, at least! I also mended a couple of things and helped pin up a pair of trousers for hemming. OK, it's not quilting, I know...

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I find sewing like that to be very rewarding!

Gene Black said...

I made a couple of pillowcases to fit an odd sized pillow for my Nana. I found it quite rewarding. The joy in her voice when she got them in the mail and said "they are perfect" was priceless.