Thursday, August 26, 2010

More non-quilting



Look, more practical sewing! What's wrong with me? Another thing my mom and I found in the box of old fabric is some fabric which used to be curtains in our (we think) dining room in the house I grew up in. It seemed very trendy in a retro way to me, and it was fairly heavy and had a lot of wear in it still, so it kinda shouted tote bags at me. One for me (with the strapping handles), one for my mother (with handles made from extra fabric - not enough strapping in her stash!). Tote bags, even lined ones, are probably the second easiest thing to make (after pillowcases), so again, something I'm happy doing in someone else's sewing room with an unknown machine, etc.

5 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Very cool!!

sophie said...

What could be better than practical AND beautiful. I also think your bags as VERY cool ;-)

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love the retro fabric on the totes. How cool that you and your Mom match with a bit of difference, too!

Quayquilter said...

Hi Kate if you at my blog for today (Mon 30th) you will see some long ago pinky orangy hand dyes from a BQL swap that I used to good effect in this quilt.
regards
Mary

mumzy said...

Smart idea and very modern looking too.