Monday, August 16, 2010

Seashell ATCs



I actually made these a few days ago, using found materials - the background fabric and the buttons I found in my mother's stash; the metallic ribbon was from a yard sale; the mesh was from a bag from a shop; the shells, stones, bits of metal I found on the beach in Lusby & Calvert Cliffs and the beads - well, I found those in the bead section at Michael's (nobody's perfect!). Already traded most of them on ATCs for All... Lots of lovely new ATCs coming my way, hurrah!

7 comments:

sophie said...

What wonderful little "postcards" from your summer vacation you've created.

Toni said...

So, is this part of relaxing on vacation? :) They are lovely!

potterjotter said...

They are so sweet - how do you fix the shell on there though. Do you just glue it?

mumzy said...

Love anything made with shells and so, I think you Seashell ATC's are wonderful.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Kate, I love the one that you shared with me! Thanks again!

Annabelle said...

How pretty. I love seashells. Just had an unexpected few days in France and was bereft of my craft space ... could have been doing something useful like this!

Kate North said...

potterjotter - not sure you will see this, but I can't reply directly as you are set to no-reply... Anyway, the answer is yes, I just glue the seashells. But I use a serious, monster strength craft glue called E6000, which is also good for gluing metal and other things which resist lesser glues...