Monday, August 30, 2010

Ivory Buttons



One of the things that I appropriated from my mother's stash while in the US was a set of 4 pairs of ivory coloured buttons, which I wanted to use on ATCs, but didn't get around to using while there. Tonight, while watching Miss Marple, I decided to find a use for them... A lot of my recent ATCs haven't been onto a sewed background - I do still intend to make a number of fibre based ones, but of course, if I am working with paper, etc, I can do it while away from my machine, either in another country or even just in front of the telly. But I digress... These ATCs (Artist Trading Cards - they are about 2.5x3.5") have some old German book pages, a transparency, the buttons, and some brads. One will be on the way to my mother shortly, the others are up for swapping on ATCs for All (an excellent forum for ATC trading!).

4 comments:

Kathy said...

They look good on that fabric. I'm glad they have been put to use. Am looking forward to receiving mine.

Vicki W said...

Welcome home! It must be nice to be back with your own stash.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

The buttons you pilfered are lovely! :O)

Dreams can come true! said...

Kate, how did you put your projects on the right side in your blog, I have also seen a blogger with her projects listed with a bar graph as to how far along with the project. 25%, 50% and so on, Any idea where they would get something like that. Thanks, Chris PS-I will be posting my block soon.