Monday, August 03, 2009

Greenhouse



In my Textile Challenges group, we are doing a year long swap (every other month) of house fronts. This month - or rather, July, as I am running late this month - forgot I'd lose the first half of July to school and the last week to being away on holiday! - the theme I needed to work to was "Green house". I had fun with this - I wanted it to look like a greenhouse, without having to come up with a design that was too complicated. So I thought I'd try layering sheer fabric over the top of the house front to make it look as though it was all behind glass. I think it's come out quite well!

8 comments:

sophie said...

Kate, I love your green house.

Michelle said...

It's fabulous, Kate! This one is next up for me (Sept.) ... I have my idea, maybe I'll get it done early (yeah, right!).

Joan said...

Very clever idea and beautifully done!

Melissa said...

Wonderful!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

very sweet!

The Quilting Pirate said...

Perfect! I love the sheer over the whole thing to have that "glassy" effect!

Vicki W said...

Oh, this is so cool!

wonderwoman said...

its just lovely.
x