Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday...



Started off today by finishing up the landscape piece - decided just to satin stitch around the edges, to make it as unobtrusive as possible. Still need to tack down the sleeve on the back, but I think it will do well.

The piece on the right is just something I'm playing with, using a bit of one of the complex cloth pieces I received. Not really sure where it's going yet, just messing around.



Two cards in the post today, both from the sunset swap with BQLPC - the one on the left from Michelle, the one on the right from Anne.



And then I (finally) worked on two CCRRs I had hanging about, which are supposed to be done by the end of September. I have to admit I wasn't hugely inspired on either piece, so in the end, just painted a few designs on using Stewart Gill MetaMica paint - freehand stars to go with the piece at the top (and I coloured in a few of the existing designs) and some Chinese characters for the bottom piece. Tomorrow I will heat set them, and then they can go off to their new homes.

7 comments:

joyce said...

Your landscape looks really good. I have to start on one of those soon. Maybe I will be inspired enough by yours.

rlbates said...

Lovely work.

Julie said...

Landscape piece - beautiful, just right. I like what you've done with the CCRR. I suppose, if it's going on to someone else to add to, you don't want or need to go overboard at each stage, do you? Sometimes "less is more"

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Very pretty, love your landscape piece.

Betty Donahue said...

Hi Kate--
I like your landscape very much.
Betty

Betty Donahue said...

Hi Kate--
I like your landscape very much.
Betty

Betty Donahue said...

Nothing like repeating myself.
Betty