Thursday, September 20, 2007
Another fairly good day today, though technically I did the discharge yesterday and only ironed it today - the top pieces were done with a Clorox Bleach Pen (on left) and regular household bleach (on right). With the bleach pieces, I folded them up, like for tie-dying. The pieces at bottom left were done with discharge paste - I'm not sure if these are discharged as much as they could have been if I'd ironed them more, but I discovered that my steam iron leaks (it's fairly old & I almost never use the steam function), so that's as good as it was going to get. Funny thing is, I was thinking this swap was due the end of September, but it turns out, it's the end of October, so I'm way ahead on it - hoorah!
On the right, a piece I've been working on for a while, which I did some more on today. The deadline for this, which has been "a long way off" for a long time is actually approaching now (end of October) so I really need to get going with it. Today I mostly finished the light green (I may add a few more strands later, we'll see) and started the sky. The water I am planning to do with beads. (It's not a very big bit of water - the whole piece is about 18x24 or smaller).
I decided to make a few additions to the faces in flames piece - I knew it was wanting something, just not sure what. Today it decided it wanted some flames, made from organza, in a couple of colours, so I added those. It still wants something more, but it's coming along now. I'm sure it will let me know!
And this afternoon, I made some more faces - did this after school with Olivia & Alex (Sarah being at a friend's house) - my faces are on the right, Alex's are a thin line down the centre and Olivia's are on the left. Wanted to try my new(ish) moulds, and also, running short of little faces to use for inchies and things.
I did do something else today, quilt-related - I pinned together the little black and bright baby quilt so I can actually quilt it as soon as my machine gets back from the shop (I have a borrowed machine at the moment, which I am not happy doing FMQ on). The baby isn't due for a few more weeks, but it was threatening to come early (it turned into breech position at 36.5 weeks, the silly thing; luckily, my friend went in yesterday and they were able to turn it back around properly - hopefully it will stay that way until it's ready to come out!) so I decided I'd best get a move on. So much for my "spare" baby quilt top. Will have to make a few more (well, I'll have the flying geese one, so that's one, at any rate). Anyway, too boring to show a photo of that - it looks just like the top did, only with safety pins all over it!